INF101 – Spring 2020 – University of Bergen
Første gangs pålogging: Velg Sign in øverst til høyre, klikk på Forgot your password?, skriv inn student-epostadressen og følg lenken i epost. (For mer hjelp, se nederst på innloggingssiden eller kontakt gruppelederene.)
This is the official webpage for INF101. Important announcements will also be put on Mitt UiB.
- There is no single recommended book for INF101, but you can find several recommendations here if you would like to learn more. There are generally good resources available online from Oracle, and Princeton. In addition, Khalid has made available two of his books in English and Norwegian:
- Java actually - A COMPREHENSIVE PRIMER IN PROGRAMMING
- Java som første programmeringsspråk:
- Follow these instructions to get ready for the labs: Set-up and use of Java and IDE (Eclipse, evt. IntelliJ)
- A general overview of lectures, lab hours, and locations is available here (this can be imported into your calendar!). A more detailed preliminary plan for the lecture topics and assignments is available here.
In the lectures, we will go through the concepts described in the pensum, mainly based on programming examples. Lecture times:
Mondays: 12:15 to 14:00
Tuesdays: 12:15 to 14:00 Lecture location:
Realfagbygget, Auditorium 1, room UC7B (an exception is the first week, where there are lectures on Monday the 14th of January, and Friday the 18th, from 12:15-14:00 in Studentsenteret, Auditorium Egget)
Coming soon: Getting the code from the lectures
There are weekly lab assignments starting from the second week of the course. In the group sessions, you will actively work on practical programming assignments, supported by our knowledgeable gruppeledere. This is a very important part of the course, since learning programming demands hands-on practice. You are free to join any of the groups, but it is first come first serve with a maximum of 20 students per group. We have 12 groups at the moment, but in case it turns out during the course that not all groups are full (max 20 students), we may merge some of the groups together.
There are eight timeslots for these groups (this may change depending on attendance):
- Mandag 8:15 - 10:00 -- Group 11
- Mandag 10:15 - 12:00 -- Groups 5, 6, og 9
- Tirsdag 8:15-10:00 -- Group 1
- Tirsdag 14:15-16:00 -- Group 7
- Onsdag 10:15-12:00 -- Group 3, 8, og 10
- Onsdag 12:15-14:00 -- Group 12
- Fredag 12:15-14:00 -- Group 2 og 13
- Fredag 14:15-16:00 -- Group 4
Group work starts from the 21st of January!
- Lab 1: Feilmeldinger, Crypto, Chatbot
- Lab 2: Git + Balls
- Lab 3: Game of Life
- Lab 4: Cellular Automation
- Lab 5: kommer snart
- Lab 6: kommer snart
- More information on the use of Git in the assignments
Repetition hours and code nights:
On some Thursdays, there are repetition hours from 12:15 – 14:00 at the Realfagbygget Auditorium 1. These will be announced as they occur.
In connection to the compulsory assignments, we plan to arrange code nights, which will be announced as they occur as well.
Compulsory assignments and hand-ins
All weekly lab assignments are strongly recommended (preferably do all, but at least 80%). These are tested and graded automatically. In addition, there will be two semester assignments/projects, which count for 30% the course grade and are compulsory:
- Handing in the semester assignments, instructions from last year as a preview
- Sem 1: Rogue One oh one
- Sem 2 - kommer snart
- The exam will be on 29.05.2019, 09:00-14:00 (5 hours). It will be a digital examen in Inspera. The final course grade consists of 70% exam grade, and 30% compulsory assignment grades. Both must be passed in order to pass the course.
Contact / Questions
- You can get help with assignments and answers to questions during lab group hours
- You can use the Mitt UiB Discussions page
- If you need to contact @mva021, please use Mitt or e-mail
- Foreleser: @mva021
- Undervisningsassistenter: @aei018, @lga066, @caz003
- Gruppeledere: @ekj008, @guj008, @qin007, @tak011, @yax009, @guz010, @ruf010, @yew008, @fuf007, @osa024, @zic008, @jwa015, @ole006